TransferWise is the smart way to send money abroad, as fast as possible, for as little as possible. It’s built by the same people who brought you Skype, and backed by big names like Sir Richard Branson. With more than one million customers in over 50 countries, TransferWise moves more than £900 million globally every month. We’re growing at an exciting pace and looking for the best to jump on board.
What’s the role?
We’re looking for a talented copywriter to support our growing US team in New York. We’re looking for someone who’ll take our writing to the next level, beef up our linguistic firepower, and make sure that everything we say feels like it’s from one voice.
You love writing and have a real appreciation for beautifully written user experiences and content. You absorb the nitty gritty like a sponge, before turning it into language that’s so simple your dog could explain it to your grandpa.
As a copywriter, you’ll have tons of freedom - so you can put your stamp on the brand, own the creative process, run with risky ideas, and work on a truly great product.
What will you be doing?
- Writing all customer-facing copy for TransferWise customers in the US - product, UX, customer emails, marketing, and more.
- Working closely with copywriters in London to develop the TransferWise tone of voice, and build consistency across everything we write.
- Distilling complex concepts into copy that’s fantastically straight-forward.
- Building relationships across loads of different teams.
- Delivering long-form, short-form, buttons, headlines, emails, hashtags, headlines - whatever it takes to help and delight our customers.
What do you need to bring with you?
- Solid copywriting experience for challenger brands, consumer tech and/or regulated industries.
- Good understanding of design and UX processes.
- Versatility – you’ll be just as happy editing a 1,000 word blog as you are crafting a 5 word tagline.
- Keen attention to detail, an eye for creativity and the skill to jump between different formats quickly.
- Planning skills - you’ll need to take the initiative, find your own briefs, and plan your own work.
- The ability to articulate the ‘why’ behind decisions and direction.
- You’ll need to convince, to disagree confidently, take and give straightforward feedback.
- A whole load of autonomy, independence and trust
- Super-talented teammates
- Stock options in one of Europe’s most hotly tipped startups
- Competitive salary
- All-expenses-paid company holidays in Europe
- High-spec laptop of your choice
- Medical & Dental care
Think you’ve got what it takes? Then come help us build the new world of money; hit Apply now.
Additional Application InstructionsAn important part of how we grow is people telling their friends and family about us. In the product, customers can invite their friends to start using TransferWise by sending them a pre-formatted email. Write your own take on this invite email. Imagine you’ve never heard of TransferWise and this thing lands in your inbox. How would you explain money transfer to a friend? And what would persuade them to use it? What tone should it take? What feelings should it try to provoke in the reader? You can look at what we currently have, but what we’re really after is your fresh-eyed approach. Being clear, honest, warm and to-the-point are all part of how TransferWise sounds. Our product speaks in the same way one friendly person would speak to another (to their mum for example), so instead of saying “deposit funds” we say “pay in your money”. Instead of “Edit", we say “Change”. Instead of “we regret to inform you” we say “sorry”. Sounds pretty reasonable, right? What we’re looking for: - Your take on what the TransferWise tone of voice should be. - How you break down the problem to understand what’s important - How you explain and sell
Sign up for Job Alerts
Chief Technology OfficerMindSkyKigali, RwandaMar 23
CopywriterTransferWiseNew York, NY, United StatesMar 07
Mobile App DeveloperConfidentialManila, NCR, PhilippinesMar 05
Software Test Developer - AndroidWireBerlino, GermaniaMar 03
Country Manager / Co-founderNova GlobalGermaniaMar 03
Latest from the web
Perl Developer at VC-Backed StartupCrowded.comNewark,NJ2 Mar
Startup UI DesignerWinterWymanBoston,MA24 Mar
Sales - Exciting StartupMighty InsightsBoston,MA25 Mar
Front-End Developer at VC-Backed StartupMicroRecruitingNewark,NJ25 Mar
UI/UX Design at a Tech StartupKinbowNew York,NY25 Mar